Officials have released the names of twin brothers who died Thursday night in a fire in western Coryell County.
GATESVILLE (November 27, 2010)–Twin 2-year-old brothers died Thanksgiving night when fire engulfed the building in which they were sleeping.
Gatesville Fire Chief Billy Vaden told News 10 the fire broke out just after 10 p.m. Thursday in the 400 block of Star Lane, off County Road 139 near the Slater Community, about 17 miles west of Gatesville.
Wood said the boys were just five days short of their third birthday on Nov. 30.
Vaden said when he arrived the portable building where the boys were sleeping had burned to the ground.
Wood said the twins’ mother, Crystal Lee Coleman, 22, and her boyfriend, Lloyd Wayne Fulfer, were in a house at the same address where the boyfriend’s mother lives.
The portable building, which once was used for storage, had been converted to sleeping quarters for the twins.
An investigator from the state fire marshal’s office was on the scene early Friday afternoon.
Vaden said his firefighters left the scene after midnight Friday morning.