Coryell County Sheriff Johnny Burks said grand jurors would probably review the case.
She was taken to Coryell Memorial Hospital Thursday where she was treated for burns she received while trying to lift up the roof of the building to reach the twins.
When the fire broke out, the twins’ mother and her boyfriend, Lloyd Wayne Fulfer, were in the house at the same address where the boyfriend’s mother lives, Coryell County Justice of the Peace Jimmy Wood said.
The fire broke out just after 10 p.m. last Thursday in a portable building that had been converted into a guest room behind a residence in the 400 block of Star Lane, off County Road 139 near the Slater Community, about 17 miles west of Gatesville.
She said CPS workers checked on the two boys this summer at the request of Nevada officials and found no evidence of abuse.
WACO (November 30, 2010)-A Texas Child Protective Services spokeswoman confirmed Tuesday that the agency is investigating after 2-year-old twins Trevor Ray and Leland Nolan Coleman were killed in a Thanksgiving Day fire in the portable building in which they were sleeping behind a residence west of Gatesville.
Texas Child Protective Services has joined the investigation after twin Central Texas toddlers died in a Thanksgiving Day fire that broke out in the portable building in which they were sleeping.