Twin 2-year-olds die in fire
Were sleeping in a portable building
Updated: Friday, 26 Nov 2010, 3:29 PM CST
Published : Friday, 26 Nov 2010, 3:27 PM CST
WACO, Texas (AP) – Twin Central Texas brothers have died in a fire that destroyed a portable building where they were sleeping.
Gatesville Fire Chief Billy Vaden told Waco television station KWTX that the blaze broke out Thanksgiving night in a rural part of Coryell County .
Coryell County Justice of the Peace Jimmy Wood said the boys, whose names were not immediately released, died five days short of their third birthday.
Officials say the twins sometimes slept in the portable building that was once used mainly for storage.
Vaden says the children’s mother and boyfriend were in a mobile home nearby.
The cause of the blaze hasn’t been determined. The county sheriff’s department, Texas Rangers and state fire marshal are investigating
The children’s bodies were sent to Dallas for autopsies.